About THE wshs music program
West Springfield High School (WSHS) Band Program
- Guitar Program: six sections of guitar, including two concert Guitar Ensembles and a Jazz Guitar Combo.
- Choir Program: The choirs include Bel Canto, Concert Choir, Madrigals, and Personality, the West Springfield Show Choir.
- Orchestra Program: Orchestral offerings include Concert Strings, Symphonic Strings and Chamber Strings.
- AP Music Therory: For advanced instrumental and vocal students, the music department offers Advanced Placement Music Theory.
- After-school Full Symphony Orchestra
- Additional After-school groups and ensembles
- After-school Vocal Groups
In total, the Music Department serves almost one-third of the students enrolled at West Springfield High School.
- Beginning Band
- Brass and Woodwind Class
- Percussion Class
- Concert Band
- Symphonic Band
- Wind Symphony and
- Jazz Ensembles
- Marching Spartans
- Marching Color Guard
- Winter Guard
- Percussion Ensemble
- Indoor Drum Line
- Chamber Ensembles
- Pit Orchestra
- West Springfield Symphony
We have an active and supportive student population and parent booster organization. In addition to our band director, the Spartans have a large and highly qualified supplemental instructional staff of teachers, instructors, and clinicians. We believe that our rigorous course of music study through band will help our students to grow and succeed in their musical, academic, personal and professional pursuits.